It’s parade time again and you are invited to join us for the annual Lights of Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 2nd at 6:00 p.m.
The parade has grown every year since its beginning almost 30 years ago so I hope you will help keep the tradition going. Start planning your entry and invite your friends to join in the fun with an entry of their own.
As always, there is no entry fee. Participation is open to individuals, churches, businesses, organizations, clubs, and schools.
Unfortunately, the time has come to set up new rules for our parade. Over the years, our event has grown more than we could ever have imagined and it has been an awesome experience. However, we have outgrown what is manageable for our staff and for the SAPD members who assist us…and for the endurance of our spectators.
- Parade will be limited to 80 entries. (An entry with multiple vehicles is counted as one entry.) We have reached our limit of 80 parade entries for the 2023 Lights of Christmas Parade. Please join us as spectators this year and we look forward to you joining us next year!
- Entries with a float will be limited to 6 (six) additional vehicles. Eight vehicles counting float and towing vehicle.
- Car clubs with vehicles only will be limited to 6 (six) vehicles
- ALL vehicles MUST be decorated with lights. The only exception is the vehicle towing a float. This will be strictly enforced and vehicles that are not lighted will be pulled out of line. Running lights do not count.
- Walking groups are encouraged to wear some sort of lights, if possible, but not mandatory.
- Please no excessive noise. We have had numerous complaints about the sounds of revving vehicle engines frightening children. This is a parade for the enjoyment of spectators, not for showing off horsepower.
- No candy will be thrown from vehicles. You may have people walking with your float to hand out candy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me, either by phone or email.
Entry deadline is Monday, November 27.
Let’s make this year’s Lights of Christmas Parade the biggest and most beautiful one ever.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or send me an email:
325-650-1988; or [email protected].
Looking forward to seeing you at the parade.
Suzanne McGee, Parade Chairman
Concho Christmas Celebration Committee, Inc.